Training & Teaching Skills Project
Covid-19: Mission compatible with current health rules
Promoting education and empowerment is one of the key factors for the economic and social development of many countries. Indeed, the fight against phenomena such as illiteracy and poverty leads to the reduction of social inequalities. It allows disadvantaged people to develop skills, assert themselves and actively contribute to improving their living conditions.
Depending on your skills and interests, along with your placement’s current needs, you will help the staff organize educative activities and workshops to young people (mostly women) to gain self-confidence and skills to improve their living. Workshops could be about health, personal development, managerial skills, communication in English or income generating activities. You will be free to bring your own ideas, propositions and material.
In return, in addition to the satisfaction of giving back and making a difference in others’ lives, you will have the opportunity to develop or affirm your personal and communicative skills. You will also have the opportunity to immerse yourself deeply in the authentic Moroccan culture and to forge strong links with the learners and staff in your placement.
During your stay, you should expect to work between 3 and 6 hours a day from Monday to Friday with a break for lunch. However, your schedule is flexible and may change depending on local conditions or unforeseen circumstances. For your free time or weekends, we can help you organize visits or trips to discover Marrakech, its surroundings or the nearby cities.
This program is particularly suitable for volunteers aged 18 and over, singles, couples, families or groups.
Project Technical Sheet
Country of action: Morocco
Location: Marrakech and surroundings
Duration: Minimum: 1 week – Maximum: 24 weeks
- Our projects start the first and third Monday of each month.
- It’s recommended to arrive to Marrakech at least one day before your start date.
- The first Sunday night and last Friday night are included in your package.
- We can help you arrange extra nights including meals and accommodation with your host family before of after your project dates.
- Flexibility and adaptability are expected.
- You are also expected to take initiative so please be creative, patient and sympathetic.
- Basic knowledge of Arabic or French is recommended but not mandatory.
- Minimum age: 18 years old. If you are under 18 years old on the program start date, you should provide the permission of your legal guardian(s) and be accompanied by a participant adult.
- Maximum age: no limits
- A copy of a recent Criminal Background Check,
- A copy of your passport,
- A copy of your travel insurance,
- Proof that you have been fully vaccinated against Covid 19 in your country,
- A negative PCR test taken less than 48 hours before boarding the plane.
These documents can be presented either in English, Arabic or French.
- Contribution alongside engaged organizations to social development of low-income populations,
- Sharing passions and knowledge while developing or affirming your personal and communicative skills,
- Organizing educational, arts or community engagement and citizenship activities,
- Going back in time along the alleys and souks of the old medina of Marrakech and discover its secret charms,
- Immersion in the rich and multi-secular Moroccan double culture Amazigh (Berber) and Arab,
- Discovering the beauty and natural diversity of Morocco: day trips to Essaouira, Ourika Valley or Ouarzazate, Amazigh (Berber) experience and hiking in the High Atlas Mountains, camel ride to see the sunset in the Sahara Desert’s sand dunes and spend a night in a camp etc,
- Opportunity to enjoy a variety of trips and activities in and around Marrakech such as yoga, tai chi, cultural sight seeing, Moroccan cooking classes, food tours, cultural evenings, camel or quad ride in Marrakech palm grove, bride henna tattoo ceremony etc.,
- Learning or developing skills in Modern Standard Arabic, Moroccan Darija or French,
- Benefit from our availability 24/7 to ensure a Moroccan Experience as rewarding and enjoyable as possible.
- Closest airport: Marrakech Menara Airport.
- Pick ups are provided from Marrakech Airport or Marrakech Train Station. A member of Al Youssr’s staff will meet you and provide transportation to your host family.
- You need to take appropriate international travel insurance for the duration of your stay to be covered in case of suddenillness or injury, cancellation, loss of luggage or theft.
- You are expected to send us a copy of your travel insurance for confirmation of your application.
Depending on your arrival details, a member of Al Youssr’s staff will greet you at the airport and pick you up to your homestay. During the orientation, we will provide you with useful information on Moroccan culture and way of life, volunteer tips, best transportation options, useful phrases in Arabic and French, leisure activities and top recommended sites in the city etc. Our team will be happy to answer all the questions you might have about your project.
We will also help you change money, get a Moroccan SIM card (if your phone is unlocked) or buy a phone and orient you to your new environment: closest grocery store, pharmacy, transport etc.
On your first volunteer day, a member of our team will meet you at your homestay and accompany you to your placement. Once there, we will introduce you to your work team and you will have a proper orientation to make sure that you feel comfortable with your project and schedule. We are also available 24/7, please feel free to contact us for any questions or concerns.
1 week: USD295
2 weeks: USD283 /week
3 weeks: USD275 /week
4 to 24 weeks: USD265 /week
Note: All our programs attract a Registration Fee of USD199 on top of the Program Fee to confirm your application.