Childhood & Childcare Project
Covid-19: Mission compatible with current health rules
Early years of learning are crucial for children’s future development. By moving from one age group to another, they develop their social skills and are prepared to evolve in a more structured learning environment.
The program consists of working in different types of structures (daycares, kindergartens, schools, centers…) with children and adolescents of various ages. By helping local structures, you contribute to improve children’s living conditions and expand their cultural horizons from an early age.You will have to teach and organize fun activities in English or French. You will work alongside local staff, but will be free to bring your own ideas and materials to class. During holidays, special activities can be organized to entertain and involve children.
It is important to understand that teaching methods matter less than your attitude towards children. The main goal is for children to learn, have fun and build self-confidence. In return, you will gain valuable skills in teaching and communicating with children. It’s also a great opportunity for deep cultural immersion and for connecting with students, teachers and even parents.
This volunteer program is particularly suitable for young people aged 18 and over, traveling alone, as a couple, family or group.
Your schedule is flexible, but you must be ready to work from Monday to Friday, between 3 and 6 hours a day with lunch breaks. It can also be modified according to local conditions or unforeseen circumstances. For your free time or weekends, we can help you organizing visits or trips to discover Marrakech, its surroundings or the nearby cities.
Project Technical Sheet
Country of action: Morocco
Location: Marrakech and surroundings
Duration: Minimum: 1 week – Maximum: 24 weeks
- Our projects start the first and third Monday of each month.
- It’s recommended to arrive to Marrakech at least one day before your start date.
- The first Sunday night and last Friday night are included in your package.
- We can help you arrange extra nights including meals and accommodation with your host family before of after your project dates.
- Flexibility and adaptability are expected. You are also expected to take initiative so please be creative, patient and sympathetic.
- Basic knowledge of Arabic or French is recommended but not mandatory.
- Minimum age: 18 years old. If you are under 18 years old on the program start date, you should provide the permission of your legal guardian(s) and be accompanied by a participant adult.
- Maximum age: no limits
- A copy of a recent Criminal Background Check,
- A copy of your passport,
- A copy of your travel insurance,
- Proof that you have been fully vaccinated against Covid 19 in your country,
- A negative PCR test taken less than 48 hours before boarding the plane.
- These documents can be presented either in English, Arabic or French.
- Contribution alongside engaged organizations to social development of low-income populations,
- Sharing passions and knowledge while developing or affirming your personal and communicative skills,
- Organizing educational, arts or community engagement and citizenship activities,
- Going back in time along the alleys and souks of the old medina of Marrakech and discover its secret charms,
- Immersion in the rich and multi-secular Moroccan double culture Amazigh (Berber) and Arab,
- Discovering the beauty and natural diversity of Morocco: day trips to Essaouira, Ourika Valley or Ouarzazate, Amazigh (Berber) experience and hiking in the High Atlas Mountains, camel ride to see the sunset in the Sahara Desert’s sand dunes and spend a night in a camp etc,
- Opportunity to enjoy a variety of activities available in and around Marrakech such as yoga, tai chi, cultural sight seeing, Moroccan cooking classes, food tours, cultural evenings, camel or quad ride in Marrakech palm grove, bride henna tattoo ceremony etc.,
- Learning or developing skills in Modern Standard Arabic, Moroccan Darija or French,
- Benefit from our availability 24/7 to ensure a Moroccan Experience as rewarding and enjoyable as possible.
- Closest airport: Marrakech Menara Airport.
- Pick ups are provided from Marrakech Airport or Marrakech Train Station. A member of Al Youssr’s staff will meet you and provide transportation to your host family.
Find cheap flights
- You need to take appropriate international travel insurance for the duration of your stay to be covered in case of suddenillness or injury, cancellation, loss of luggage or theft.
- You are expected to send us a copy of your travel insurance for confirmation of your application.
Find a travel Insurance
Depending on your arrival details, a member of Al Youssr’s staff will greet you at the airport and pick you up to your homestay. During the orientation, we will provide you with useful information on Moroccan culture and way of life, volunteer tips, best transportation options, useful phrases in Arabic and French, leisure activities and top recommended sites in the city etc. Our team will be happy to answer all the questions you might have about your project.
We will also help you change money, get a Moroccan SIM card (if your phone is unlocked) or buy a phone and orient you to your new environment: closest grocery store, pharmacy, transport etc.
On your first volunteer day, a member of our team will meet you at your homestay and accompany you to your placement. Once there, we will introduce you to your work team and you will have a proper orientation to make sure that you feel comfortable with your project and schedule. We are also available 24/7, please feel free to contact us for any questions or concerns.
1 week: USD295
2 weeks: USD283 /week
3 weeks: USD275 /week
4 to 24 weeks: USD265 /week
Note: All our programs attract a Registration Fee of USD199 on top of the Program Fee to confirm your application.